ICAEW is to host a Question Time-style event at Chartered Accountants’ Hall in London on 18th May to find out which political parties offer the best policies to support small businesses.
To attend, book your tickets here.
The event will be chaired by Enterprise Nation founder, Emma Jones, and the range of panellists will include:
• Matt Hancock, former minister of state for digital and culture and Conservative candidate for West Suffolk
• Ibrahim Dogus, chairman of SME4Labour and Labour candidate for cities of London and Westminster
• Lord Monroe Palmer, Lords spokesperson for small and medium-sized enterprises, Liberal Democrats
• Ernie Warrender, UKIP spokesperson for small business
• Jonathan Bartley, co-leader of The Green Party
At the debate, attendees will have the floor to pose questions and vote in a digital poll before and after the debate, to measure how much, if any, the speakers have swayed the vote.
Here’s the agenda
• 6.00pm: Registration and refreshments
• 6.30pm: Debate commences
• 7.30pm: Debate close
After the event, guests are invited to stay on and have a drink to watch a live screening of the planned ITV Leaders’ Debate, which begins at 8pm and ends at 10pm.
Have you got any questions you’d like to include in the debate? If so, there’s an opportunity to raise questions during registration for the event. Questions will be chosen at random, but you will be notified if your question is selected,
Join the online conversation with #SBDebate